Everyone knows the essentials: a helmet, pump, patch kit, spare tube, tire levers, proper footwear, and comfortable clothing, but there are some further accessories you can buy to make your riding even more enjoyable!
2. Cyclo-computer: One of the most rewarding things about cycling is finding out how far you have traveled when riding. Some even have extra functions such as heart rate. cadence (how fast you're pedaling), altitude, and temperature. There are wireless models for a super clean installation too.
3. Hydration System: Water bottles and cages are great for carrying your drinks. But, if you need to quench your thirst, hydration systems may be a better option. Insulation will keep your beverage of choice cooler (or warmer) longer and the drinking tube makes sipping more convenient. The capacity can be almost twice as much as you can carry in two large bottles. And, the hydration pack provides a place to stash food, ID, small tools and more.
4. Car Rack: The trails or roads you want to ride aren't always riding distance away. There are plenty of options to easily and safely transport your bike on your car, van, truck, or SUV. Which one depends on how many bikes you will be carrying and on the vehicle you drive. We can recommend the right rack for you.
5. Eyewear: Don't forget to protect your eyes with sunglasses designed for cycling. It's not just glare you should be concerned about; aiborne debris from passing vehicles is hazardous too. Quality shades provide increased safety, including slightly higher brow coverage for when you're bent over. And the UV protection means less fatigue at of a long days in the saddle.
7. Socks: Even something as simple as socks can enhance your riding if they're specifically made for cycling. We have great socks that breathe, wick and reduce friction for maximum comfort on every ride.
Our staff can suggest other great accessories and help prioritize your purchases! Come Down to Ride-A-Bike Today!
We are located at 116 NE. Court Square in Lincolnton. NC