Raleigh Press Release: 2015 Road Bikes
Raleigh’s 2015 model year caters for practically every major road cycling discipline, from elite performance to multi-day tours, with a focus on prestigious, modern British design right across the board.
“The 2015 range is our broadest and best quality range yet. The Militis has been an outstanding success story for us in 2014 so we’ve refined that platform for the year ahead,” said Geoff Giddings, Raleigh Marketing Director. “Likewise, cyclocross is an exciting market for us both here in the UK and the US and we’ve expanded our range to account for that. Our Revenio range brings in Endurance blend carbon fibre, RE2P geometry and Direct Connect manufacturing as well as disc brakes on road for the first time.
Touring and classic steel is still a big part of our thoughts too with a new range of Maverick bikes for the emerging gravel market. Without doubt this is most exciting range we’ve produced. It’s an amalgamation of our hobbies, our pastimes and our pleasures. And we’re incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved.”
2015 at a Glance
• Carbon technology: Speed Blend, Performance Blend or Endurance Blend carbon fibre meets Direct Connect manufacturing and Max Internal Compression.
• Alloy technology: From Kinesium hydroformed, taper-butted tubes or Atomic 13 butted 6061 aluminium alloy, our frames maximise vertical compliance, reduce shock and maintain lateral stiffness to dampen speed chatter from British roads and allow you to power up climbs or motor along the road.
• Performance: Carbon and alloy models within the Militis, Criterium, Aura (time trial) and Equipe (track) ranges. The Militis Team features SRAM’s Red22, the lightest production groupset on the market. Prices range from £5000 to £600.
• Endurance: It’s all about Revenio. RE2P geometry puts you in the perfect position to ride all day. Raleigh’s unique sizing system means you can find the right frame size and component length to suit your body shape. Prices range from £3000 to £600.
• Cyclocross: Shared technology with Raleigh USA allows us the best of both worlds. Bikes designed for dry, dusty courses and bikes capable of handling copious amounts of mud. The RX Team features SRAM’s revolutionary 1×11-groupset, hydraulic HRD disc brakes and integral brake cables. Prices range from £3500 to £800.
• Gravel: Built from Reynolds double-butted chromoly tubing, the Maverick range takes classic day touring geometry and tweaks the handling to be better suited for gravel, for mud or for the urban jungle. Prices range from £1150 to £750
Militis: Criterium – Aura – Equipe
Using technology honed and developed by its professional cycling team, Raleigh’s Militis range is built for racing and built for speed. Off the front, in the sprints or dominating the climbs, the Militis range is our lightest, stiffest and fastest to date.
The Militis Team model took team Raleigh to 110 podium places last season whilst the Militis Race is used by a host of supported grassroots riders around the UK. New for 2015, the Criterium series brings carbon affordability to the market, providing an optimum balance of stiffness, compliance, weight and versatility.
If the race of truth is your thing you’ll be looking at the Aura time trial models. With a balance between comfort and speed our frames allow you to use all of your power for more of the race. Choose from the Aura Team with Speed Blend carbon fibre or the affordable Kinesium hydroformed aluminium Aura Comp.
The simplicity of single gear riding is catered for with the Equipe fixed gear track bike. With a butted alloy frame and carbon fork it makes for the perfect track bike, coming with additional chainrings and a sprocket so that you can tune your bike to the track and distance that you’re racing.
• Militis Team, Miliits Race, Militis Pro
• Criterium Race, Criterium Comp, Criterium Elite
• Militis Comp, Militis Elite
• Aura Team, Aura Comp
ENDURANCE BIKES (SPORTIVE ETC)
Revenio – Revenio Carbon – Revenio Disc
Raleigh’s Endurance bikes have been re-examined and re-designed to ensure that on every challenge ride, every sportive, every solo century or lunchtime blast you are at your best. Because when you’re not feeling fatigued or strained at mile 67, the finish line appears so much closer.
The RE2P geometry of the Raleigh Revenio range puts you in the perfect position to ride all day in comfort. The taller head tube and shorter top tube takes the stress off your arms, neck and lower back allowing you to ride further.
This comfort is not at the expense of handling. Our new forks and revised frame geometry result in a responsive precise ride allowing you to descend faster with more control. All the new Revenios have wider section rims and 25mm Schwalbe tyres allowing you to run them at lower pressures. This reduces rolling resistance, improves handling and reduces the risk of pinch flats.
Disc brakes on the Revenio alloy models allow for greater stopping power and more importantly greater control. For enjoyment and endurance think Revenio. What’s stopping you?
• Revenio Carbon 4, Revenio Carbon 3, Revenio Carbon 2, Revenio Carbon 1
• Revenio 5 Disc, Revenio 4 Disc, Revenio 2 Disc
• Revenio 3, Revenio 2, Revenio 1
RX Team – RX Race – RX Pro – RX Comp – RX Elite
Hugely popular with those in the know and one of the fastest growing scenes; explosive, exciting racing that gets you so dirty your mother won’t let you in the house. The RX Carbon series are out and out cyclocross race bikes and offer you a choice of a classic agile European cross bike or a hydraulic disc-equipped North American speed machine. Both are built using our Speed Blend carbon and Direct Connect construction method to give you the choice, after all it’s your race.
Our RX (Pro) Alloy bikes are designed for the dirt first and won’t let you down in a race. They come equipped with rack and mudguard mounts for when you need them for the drag to work. The new frames are lighter and stiffer than last year and feature a tapered head tube to improve handling and control.
• RX Team, RX Race, RX Pro, RX Comp, RX Elite
MAVERICK (Commute etc)
Maverick Comp – Maverick Elite – Maverick Tour – Royal
You ride wherever the mood takes you. One day it’s a tarmac commute, the next a blast through the woods, another it’s a weekend camping in the hills. You need one bike to do it all. Meet the new Raleigh Maverick.
The original Raleigh Maverick was one of the firstever mountain bikes, opening up a new world of trails and routes to off-road explorers. The new Maverick opens up the route less travelled once again. On gravel, on mud or in the urban jungle, it’s a true all rounder with the personality to match.
Built from Reynolds double-butted chromoly tubing, the Maverick takes classic day touring geometry and tweaks the handling to be better suited for multi-terrain use. Don’t let your bike dictate where you can and can’t ride. Explore everywhere.
• Maverick Comp, Maverick Elite, Maverick Tour, Royal
116 NE. Court Square
Lincolnton, NC 28092